Friday, September 25, 2009

Bare Escentuals Foundation - MATTE

I thought I would start the reviews with a brand new Bare Escentuals product. I am a B.E. girl, and love many of their products. They recently released the Matte version of the product and I have to say, I LOVE it!


The new formula is Bismuth free, which is good for many who are sensitive to Bismuth. It is also formulated with their RareMinerals product, which is on my LOVE list as well. I promise to review it soon. So this new foundation is a combo of 2 great things, and it looks so smooth. For those of us who get oily by about 1pm, this is a great thing. It really holds back the shine. Nothing is perfect for me – I have to touch up in the afternoon, but I don’t feel slimy quite so early in the day with this foundation. It also feels great on the skin, almost soft. This foundation is rated an SPF 15, so you don’t have to worry much about incidental sun exposure like a long lunch on a sunny Colorado afternoon. Is it great for dry skin? Probably not, I’ve read folks discuss this on the BE Addicts forums. I don’t have dry skin so I can’t judge for you, but check out their forums for more insight. For a combo skin or oily skin girl, I think this is a great pickup and I will be using this regularly.



The colors are similar to their original formula shades, and I picked the Light for summer. I will probably have to grab another for winter in the Fairly Light. It also comes in the new colors like Golden Medium for those of you who are more of a yellow based medium tone than the original Medium Beige. Matching colors is tricky, so be sure you use the side of your cheek and not the back of your hand. One last cool thing about MATTE is the new packaging. People have been requesting a more "portable" sifter configuration, and you get it with this new packaging. Check out the sliding sifter cover, no more mineral leaks on trips!

  • You can find Bare Escentuals at their boutiques, and if you’re new to the product I recommend visiting them for their application lessons.
  • Sephora is another great place to shop. They have great sales teams to show you application and tips.
  • QVC has Bare Escentuals on this week Tuesday 9/29 and Wed 9/30. They have good deals on kits, so if you’re looking to try a few different things it’s a great place to buy.
Please let me know if you've tried it and liked it. If you have a question or request feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails