Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Intro to Kimber's Beauty Corner

This is my very first blog post. I find myself wondering what I’m doing here, creating a blog about beauty products. What makes me think that I know beauty better than anyone else out there? The answer is that I don’t know better than anyone else.

What I do know is what I’m going to share with you. I’m going to tell you what I’ve tried, what has worked and what has not. I want to help you pick products without walking down the aisle at the beauty store with 10 primers in your basket not knowing what it’s supposed to do, let alone will it work for oily skin?

So how did I get here? I have purchased and tried 12 mascaras in the last 9 months, and only liked 3 of them. I think you should know about those three products and decide what is best for you. I think everyone should have a leg up when walking the aisles or shopping on line. A good consumer is one who has done their research. I have done research on everything I try. I read beauty forums and websites and enjoy it.

Makeup is relatively new to me; I wore pretty basic makeup in high school and almost none in college. This sounds like a stretch to anyone that knows me, because I went to high school in the 80’s and college in the early 90’s. But my makeup of choice in high school was navy liner and navy mascara, and in college was blush and clear mascara. In fact, I wore clear mascara until I turned 30 and realized this does nothing for my BLONDE eyelashes. So I started wearing dark gray mascara (still black averse at this point) and some compact foundation from L’Oreal. Two years ago I bought the Bare Escentuals starter kit from Sephora. I had to try something that might be able to balance oily t-zone with dry patches. Well, my skin cleared up and my face looked great. I walked in because it was the first Sephora to come to Colorado, and I was out of my favorite lip gloss (I’ve always loved lip gloss and I am still a huge lip gloss junkie) I’d last purchased in a Chicago store. I walked out fascinated and hooked on trying new products.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you come back soon.
You can follow me on Twitter @kimbers_corner, and I will let you know when a new review is posted.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails