Monday, October 5, 2009

Benefit Erase Paste

Concealer is a tricky product for many people. They are usually too pink, too yellow or even too green (which scares me a bit). I've experimented with a few different products and was never totally satisfied with the results. A few of them didn't last all day, and one of them just looked like yellow paint on my skin. I stopped searching when I found Benefit's Erase Paste.


This concealer mixes the best of concealers with the best of brighteners. My primary use for concealer is under eye darkness and a little broken capillaries patch on my cheek. I have pretty fair skin, and have found that pink brightener products work the best for me, but sometimes look a little plastic or ghostly and slide off by midday. I have trouble with yellow concealers as well, they make me look uneven. While I have a touch of yellow undertone, it's not enough to try concealing my "problem areas" with strictly a yellow color. This is where Erase Paste excels. It's a combination concealer / brightener with staying power like you wouldn't believe.

Erase Paste comes in three flattering shades: Fair, Medium and Deep.

All three have a great balance of pink brightener and yellow concealer to do both jobs just right. It doesn't slide on my oily cheeks and blends easily. I have found that when I apply the Erase Paste over my foundation and then set with my loose powder, my under eye darkness is magically gone. If I apply before foundation, the minerals stick to the product and it creases. It definitely earns the Paste part of it's name from the long wearing formula, once applied it sticks all day. One thing to note - it's sticking power is serious, and I find it difficult to wash off my brush without a facial cleanser. My regular brush cleanser didn't work, but facial cleanser did.

This product is worthy of an in store stop next time you are at the mall. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Benefit products are widely available and can be found at:
Benefit Cosmetics - online store where we have a free shipping code for you:

Sephora - in store and online
Ulta - in store and online. Benefit is a new product line at Ulta as of this summer, so go check them out!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, Kimberly! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Erase Paste is awesome and have been using it for a few years now. However... I actually fell in love with the concealer from Arbonne. Has better staying power in my opinion (and no, not just because I sell it - I really like it). I think we should have a 'conceal - off' and see how the two do! :)

    p.s. love your new blog!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it's kinda fun to talk about girly stuff. Just trying to grow a base readership at this point....

    Love the input though, I like trying different things, so it's worth a look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails