Thursday, October 29, 2009

Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

I recently had a request for a review of a makeup primer. For those that don't know, a makeup primer's purpose is to smooth the skin and prepare it for makeup. It effectively creates a barrier between moisturizers that soak into the skin and your makeup (which you do not want soaking into your skin - this is the disappearing effect many people experience). The first primer I ever heard of was Smashbox Photo Finish, which is a silicone based primer. This stuff is very good for dry to normal skin, and didn't really do much for my oily skin. (Yes, to those in the know, they have since come out with a "light" version for oily skin types). Many different companies make a primer and many of them are very good, whereas some really didn't do anything for me. This one is my favorite, but I do use others depending on the day and length of time I expect to be "looking my best". So I promise to talk about a few other pretty good primers in future posts.


My search landed me at a rather inexpensive and completely amazing product. Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector is a two-fer of primers. It temporarily reduces the appearance of pores and absolutely fights oil all day. Since I really like to apply a tinted moisturizer, I like a primer that applies over the moisturizer and doesn't mix with it (like the BE oil-free Prime Time did). You need so little of this product to cover your oily zone, that the somewhat small tube lasts almost 5-6 months. I use less than a pea-sized amount for my forehead, nose, chin and apples of my cheeks. It glides on smoothly and makes an even surface out of my porous cheeks so that the Bare Escentuals makeup I use just glides on top without sinking into lines or pores. It also does such a terrific job of fighting oil that I don't need to touch up until 2 or 3pm, which is about 7-8 hours after I've applied my makeup. If your skin is less oily than mine, you probably won't need a touch up at all.
Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector comes in 2 shades, Invisible Light and Invisible Deep and both are incredibly sheer on the skin. I've listed a few online and in store shopping places. If you are a bargain shopper, and have a Prime Outlet mall near you (Castle Rock, CO or Kenosha, WI for starters) with a Cosmetics Company Store - you can pick this item for a few dollars less than retail. (Though, call ahead if you are making a special trip - the one in Castle Rock tends to only have the Deep tint for some reason)

Clinique is widely available, here's a few links:
Sephora - FF2009 to save 20% during the Friends and Family sale through Nov 2nd

3 comments:

  1. I do use many Clinique products. I don't use a primer, but most of their products are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the one that convinced me to buy my first Clinique product ever, lip gloss of all things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the difference between a pore minimizer and moisturizer, she shouldn't be surprised that I chose to drop the treatment whose benefits she could not define. By the way, 8 months without using my pore minimizer and guess what My pores look exactly the same. large pores on nose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails