Monday, October 26, 2009

Smashbox Sheer Focus

With fall in full swing, and I do mean swing, it's time to talk moisturizer. I’m talking tinted moisturizer to be precise. The weather in Colorado has been lovely followed by freezing, followed by lovely again for the last few weeks and my skin is taking a beating. Even with my oily t-zone, I wear moisturizer. Colorado has what is considered an arid climate, which has been a huge adjustment from the humidity of the Chicago area. One of the great things about a tinted moisturizer is that it balances all that dryness out while evening out my skin tone. I can use less foundation and concealer while doing my skin a favor at the same time.


My fall and winter tinted moisturizer favorite is Smashbox Sheer Focus. I received a free sample with purchase last year, and went back 3 days later to purchase a full size tube. I need more moisture in the winter and I get it with Sheer Focus without clogging my pores. It comes in several skin tone appropriate shades (Fair, Light, Medium, Dark) and one more universal shade (Luminous). It's an oil free formula and has an SPF 15 rating, which I love for every day sun protection. The Luminous shade is the color I have been using and it's very forgiving, pale skinned or still sporting a faux tan. A small amount goes a long way with this product, and it blends evenly and easily with your fingers.

Overall, I just love how moisturizing it is while not causing me any additional oil problems during the day. I also love that in a pinch; I can use a swipe of Sheer Focus / Powder / Mascara and be out the door in 5 to run errands.

Smashbox is widely available, and can be purchased here among other retailers:

  • Smashbox ("Let's do Lunch" Tuesdays / Thursdays 9AM - 2PM pst will get you a free full size item with purchase)
  • Sephora (Still having the Friends and Family Sale FF2009 code at checkout, through Nov. 2nd)
  • Ulta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails