Monday, October 19, 2009

Too Faced Natural Eye Kit

Eye shadow is a product I mostly play with on weekends. I generally don't wear it to work because it takes me application time that I don't have when heading to work (I am a perfectionist after all). It's also something I always take when I travel, so I really like kits with lots of pretty colors. I picked this one up on a whim, because on my last trip I didn't have any nice neutral colors for daytime in my travel pack.


The Too Faced Natural Eye kit is part of their fall collection. It has 9 colors, a dual ended brush and 3 application cards with different looks. I really like this collection of colors; they are very pretty on any skin tone and are nicely pigmented so they actually look true to color on your lids. One nice detail about this kit is the color names and groupings. Each row represents the colors of a certain look, and match up with the supplied idea cards. I think these idea cards are great, they give you a basic plan for each color group which you can use exactly as shown or improvise. The colors in the first row for "Day" are matte and give a nice clean finish. The middle row "Classic" has a nice shimmer to each shade, and they blend easily. The bottom row "Fashion" is sparkly and I found a bit difficult to work with. The sparkle from "Nude Beach" ended up all over my face. The standard 'fluffy brush removal' trick didn't work very well with this one. Their website has a trick to do the eye shadow first, then apply your face makeup. I may try the 'cover your under eye area with a tissue' trick with it next.


Overall, it's a nice kit and I think it will become a regular in my travel kit. With 9 colors, I can create almost any look I want and supplement with other colors if needed.

If you buy from Too Faced directly, they have free samples at checkout so be sure to select Shadow Insurance. It's an eye shadow primer that will make these colors last all day and into the evening. Reviews of this product and other primers are coming soon!

A few places Too Faced is available:
Too Faced - online
Ulta - online and in stores
Sephora - online and in stores

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful kit! You should check out Too Faced's Smoky Eye Kit too: same concept with the tutorial cards and more color options. It is all I am throwing in my bag for my 2 week trip to Japan in a couple of weeks. It will be all I need.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails