Monday, November 23, 2009

Lancôme Définicils Mascara

In my never ending search for amazing mascara, I stopped by the Lancôme counter at Nordstrom over the summer to ask the sales associate about their mascaras. Lancôme had an awesome gift with purchase going on, and I was due for a new tube of mascara. I chatted with her for about 10 minutes regarding their different products, and we decided to try the most popular mascara in the Lancôme line - Définicils.


I would love to sit here and write about how amazing this product is. But I was disappointed by this very pricey ($24.50) mascara. I will say that it did lengthen my lashes incredibly, which I liked. The color is a bluish black rather than a super black shade. You would also think that I'd like the skinny brush, but the bristles are so far apart that it did nothing but clump. I had to get out my eyelash comb and separate between coats. It also didn't generate much volume at the base of my lashes so it didn't meet the "enhance thickness" requirement. It didn't flake, but it did feel very stiff after it dried. Overall, it didn’t impress me and I have found better at my local drugstore. I am currently using up my tube as a top coat when I want some serious length to my lashes.

If you like the length this product offers, a comparable drugstore choice would be Maybelline Lash Stiletto. This one did not clump for me, and was what my makeup artist used on my wedding day. It made it perfectly through a very warm Las Vegas day, and quite a bit of tearing up.

So if you like super long lashes, don’t mind using a comb to separate and a not quite black formula - Définicils is widely available at your local department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails