Thursday, December 10, 2009

Benefit Fragrances

Benefit, known for its fun and functional products, has a fairly new line of fragrances this fall / winter. I sampled them all in the store a few weeks ago just for fun. I also think fragrance is a really personal thing, a scent that is great for one person just doesn't do the same things for another. That being said, I thought I would talk about these because they come in great fragrance / lotion gift sets.

I am no fragrance expert. I can't tell a "note" of a perfume other than to say if I liked it or not. So I lump fragrance into a couple of buckets:
- Fresh / clean - for things like CK One
- Fruity
- Floral
- Overpowering

Laugh with me LeeLee is fresh and fun, I thought it would be a great everyday scent for me. I like things that fall into the fresh and fruity buckets, and only rarely like floral scents (I love LancĂ´me’s Miracle so Magic which is a floral, but of a lighter variety than most floral scents). This was in the fresh and light floral buckets, so it works for me. Benefit describes it as "woody floral - a light blend of citrus, jasmine and lily blossoms". And while I can't tell jasmine or lily unless I'm sniffing the actual flower - it's definitely woody and floral.


Something about Sofia was more fruity and flowery for me. Love it though, since it's still in the light category. Benefit describes it as "oriental floral - a dream of oriental blossoms, mango & vanilla". I definitely got the fruity feel from this, but it's soft not like the fruity scent of the original Liz Claiborne (which by the way, was my "go to" fragrance in high school. I think I went through 2 bottles of it during that time). I thought this was a wonderful party scent and would make a great gift for any girl on your shopping list.


My place or yours Gina just didn't do anything for me. It's very strong and smells so much like Poison that I had high school flashbacks. No idea why I ever bought Poison and had to force myself to wear it, must have been the "cool" scent that year. Yuck, and this one was another stinky scent that is just overpowering. Benefit describes it as "woody oriental - an alluring affair of pink pepper, wild raspberry and patchouli." and I think it's the patchouli that I don't like. If you like these types of scents, it would be great for you.


Available at various retailers:


Disclosure: I belong to Benefit’s affiliate program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails