Thursday, January 21, 2010

Laura Geller Delectable Chocolate Baked Kit

QVC did it again a few weeks ago, and put together another great kit from another great beauty product maven. Laura Geller is a make up artist from New York who has really found a niche with her "baked" products. I saw her on QVC a few years ago and picked up a small kit from Sephora with her foundation, blush, and bronzer. Love the foundation for touch ups and carry this in my purse. It's mineral makeup without a lot of the mess. I can't say enough about the bronzer here, it will eventually get it's own write-up it is so good.


The Delectable Chocolate kit was a Today's Special Value on QVC a few weeks ago and it looked appealing for the auto-delivery program (which means I get 2-3 more kits at the same price with different colors) and for the interesting colors. I'm not in love with browns as I am so fair. But I know many of you use them as your day to day go-to colors.

The kit comes with a foundation, blush, eye shadow, gloss, and eyeliner. It also included a booklet with color descriptions and application suggestions.


  • Balance-n-Brighten - Fair
  • Blush-n-Brighten - Tartufo
  • Bake Marble Eyeshadow - Tiramisu
  • I-Care Waterproof Eyeliner - Caffe' Mocha
  • Shine and Shield SPF 15 Lip Gloss - Fresco Gelato

Balance-n-Brighten is a nice mineral makeup, it can go on a big heavy if you are not careful. But I like it in my purse as a touch-up product, also as a quickie brush on before a weekend shopping trip. I tried the fair this time, and it is a good match for my winter skin. Overall, this is a good but not great foundation for me.



Now the blush in Tartufo is interesting. It has lots of pink, so I was hoping it would tone down the brown. This color was not good on my winter pale skin, but it's close - so I think it will make a nice summer blush for me. I was hoping it would warm my skin up a little, but instead it looked a little dirty. So I will stick with my pinks and peaches for the winter and try this again with a little summer color. But over all, it's not a shimmery blush and seems to last for several hours.

The eyeshadow in Tiramisu is excellent. When applied dry it is a nice shimmery neutral. When applied with a damp brush it becomes a bronze-y brown. I love this shade, very versatile and I think will become a regular for me on quick neutral days. (most days in my book). In the swatch photo here, the wet application is far left, then foundation, dry eyeshadow, blush, eyeliner and gloss.

The eyeliner is nice brown shade (not my fave, but goes great with the eye shadow) and seemed to stay for several hours, only smudging at the end of the day. Fairly good, but not the best eyeliner ever. Nice small tip though, good for precise application. It also had a smudger end which I thought worked well.

The gloss is a perfect "lip color" shade, not sticky (miracle!) and fairly moisturizing. I also like that it has SPF which makes it great here in Colorado where you need SPF every where you go. I like this even though it's a little thick and takes a light hand in application.

Over all, it's a nice kit - which is no longer available on QVC. You might be able to find it on eBay - just make sure it's "new" and not "used". If you are a Laura fan, or new to her stuff I hope it gives you an idea of what her products are like. Feel free to let me know if you tried this or any of her products before.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors! (and the name of the kit) How much was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say it was around 40. Definitely check out eBay. It would look good on you. That blush is not good on me without a tan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails