Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Styling Gel

Wavy hair is a challenge. It's not straight and it's not curly, and mine has what my stylist calls "a seriously stubborn wave". I've been styling my hair wavy for the last few years as it's just easier on my hair and my morning routine. That being said, I'm always on the lookout for a good curl / wave product. This particular one was a purchase I made based on a conversation I had several years ago with a former co-worker who has the most beautiful curly hair. She styles it both straight and curly and came in one day looking fabulous, so I had to ask what she used that day. The answer was Ouidad. Being that this conversation was several years ago, I couldn't remember what product specifically it was that she loved. But when I saw the product available on Sephora's website a few months ago, I knew I would give it a try at some point. So I grabbed a bottle on their 20% off sale in the fall and have been experimenting with it ever since.



I tried the Curl Quencher Moisturizing Styling Gel since I like and need the hold a gel provides. Well, this was unlike any gel I have used in the past. Most gels dry crunchy, this does not. It also enhanced my curl to some extent. My hair is soft and wavy when I am finished styling. I like the look, but it really needs a bit of shine to it, so I whip out my Redken Shine Spray to finish the look without crunchy hair.

Now I will say this product did not hold all day for me which was a bit of a disappointment. My waves started to "fall" a bit after 3pm, which is a pretty long 8 hours to begin with. I use some hairspray for hold - but they still flatten a bit. If your hair is more naturally curly I wouldn't worry about the hold time, since your hair is always curly anyway. My waves have the tendency to look great after blow drying and then fall out and look frizzy by mid-day since they are rather loose to start.

I coupled this with some mousse after about a week and the hold time dramatically improved as did the look of the curls. You could try their mousse called PlayCurl or my favorite curly girl mousse - Nexxus Gorgeous Curls Curl Enhancing Foam Styler which has great hold time without massive crunch. 

Ouidad is available online through their website, Amazon or Sephora.
I am an affiliate of Ouidad, however these products were purchased by me with the intent of making my hair look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails