Monday, March 8, 2010

Clinique Touch Base for Eyes

To round out the trio of fabulous eyelid primers, I think we should talk about Clinique Touch Base for Eyes. After my reviews of Urban Decay Primer Potion, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance you should know about this 3rd amazing, yet slightly different option. This "find" came to me as a question from a friend and reader, she wanted to know how it compared to the others.

The answer is "very favorably". This is slightly different that the other 2 eyelid primers I've reviewed here. It's in a cream shadow form and can be worn alone or as a primer. It's a solid - so it doesn't have to go in your travel security 1 quart bag (anything that doesn't have to go in there is like gold in my book). It also comes in 6 different shades depending on your needs as some have shimmer, and some are more matte.

Clinique Touch Base for Eyes Canvas Light
I like that it's a quick application with my fingers and that it glides on smoothly. I find it fairly easy to blend eye shadows over, so I don't go to my nude base shadow as much with this product. It is lasting about 8 hours on my lids until I need a touch up because of fading (and at that point, isn't it time to call it quits anyway?). It creases only slightly and that's after about 5-6 hours on my super oily lids. It doesn't itch and doesn't feel drying, so after several days of use my eyelids are not parched.

Sephora only carries the shade Canvas in stores but has 4 available online, and it's not the best for a fair skinned lady like myself. I've been told the Buff Lighting would be better. I think the best part of this product is the shade selection so it can act as a base, or just your everyday shadow.

Touch Base for Eyes is available at Sephora, Amazon, Clinique and your local department stores.

I purchased this product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails