Monday, June 21, 2010

Bare Escentuals Vintage Pearls

So the 3rd installment of the Bare Escentuals Pearls Auto-Delivery from QVC arrived last week. It's called Vintage Pearls and I have to say that it's really a classic look set of colors. Navy and cream being the highlights and an excellent shade of dark Navy eyeliner.

Included in this kit:
  • Antique Pearl eye color - light peach coral
  • Twilight Pearl eye color - blue steel
  • Big & Bright Eyeliner in Midnight - deep Navy
  • Flawless Definition Mascara
  • Vintage Pearl Blush - washed poppy
  • Brightening Pearl Mineral Veil
  • 100% Natural Lipgloss in Glazed Donut - champagne mist
  • Blending Brush
  • Full Tapered shadow brush
  • Flawless fan brush
The eye colors are very pretty and very classic.  Antique pearl is a creamy shade of palest peach and it looks natural on the eye. The Twilight Pearl is a nice shimmery navy color that I thought blended pretty well and made for a nice classic eye (it also happens to match my new USA Soccer jersey which I thought was pretty handy for USA vs. England). They eyeliner shade is just about the most perfect navy I've seen. It's deep and almost black but not quite. It performs like the other ones from previous kits, so it's not an all day stay liner for me - but does pretty well for about 5 hours.

The brushes are pretty basic, though I don't have a fan brush and likely won't use this one - largely because I'm not an artist with my makeup. The full tapered shadow brush is a staple in my kit, so it's good to have a double for travel (it's great for a classic "darker lid" look).

Overall, I like it just as much as the other pearl kits and I suggest you keep your eye on QVC as these kits tend to show up as "specials" on shows about 4-6 months from now. eBay is always another good option for these kits or individual pieces.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails

    DHC

    Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

    Ouidad

    Iron Clothes Not Curls

    AHAVA

    AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
     
    Related Posts with Thumbnails