Monday, July 26, 2010

Benefit POREfessional

I believe I mentioned that I needed to sample Benefit POREfessional before buying. Well, sample it I did. Stopped in Ulta last week for a few supplies and decided to check this out. The sample in the store turned out to be a little runnier than the bottle I purchased, but was still a good indicator of how it would work for me.

This is meant as a makeup primer / pore hider. It's oil free (huge plus for the oily skinned girl like me) and can be used under or over makeup. Yep, I said over makeup. It's silky and smooth with just a hint of tint. It blended right over my tinted moisturizer and didn't disturb it. My pores look smaller and smoother after application and appear that way for several hours. The nice thing is that you can touch up with it if you have a dinner date and no time to run home. I thought it fought my usual shine problem very well and compares favorably with my favorite primer - Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. It also has the added benefit of not affecting the finish of my mineral makeup. It applies smoothly over the POREfessional and has no added shine or texture. 

This is now appearing in several retail chains including Ulta and Sephora for $28. It's fairly pricey and almost double what I pay for the Clinique - but it's a larger bottle, so I'd say it will just stop you from purchasing as often. It's a pretty impressive product and I've been testing it in 90+ degree weather for the last 2 weeks. So its a great consideration for those that have a desire to hide the appearance of their pores and control shine.

1 comment:

  1. Special Award for Kimber’s Beauty Corner

    Hi there,

    I have been following your blog for a while and I am extremely impressed with your posts, particularly the one on skincare basics. We have a fashion and beauty blog, Be In Style (http://pocketchange.become.com/category/fashion-and-beauty), which covers everything from skin care products to fabulous summer dresses.

    We currently average around 1.5 to 2k unique visitors per day at our shopping blog homepage with users clicking through to an average of 500 single posts. We are always looking for blogs with exceptional content. I feel that your site is outstanding and I wanted to present our Style Award to your blog.

    If you feel this would be something you might be interested in please let me know and I will happily answer any questions or queries you might have.

    Kind regards,

    Briana Hernandez
    Briana.hernandez@become.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails