Monday, August 23, 2010

Hair Straightening Products

I have tried a couple of "no frizz" and "straightening" products in the last few months. I'd like to tell you about them, since I know some of my readers have thick and wavy to curly hair much like mine.

The first is Living Proof no frizz Straight Making styling cream. This has a nice smoothing ability, and my hair after drying was bouncy and straight. It definitely helped the drying process and made straightening easier. But it didn't give me much shine and had the best results after using a flat iron post blow-out. It also works well if you have mostly straight or straighter hair that is prone to the summer frizz. Overall it's a nice product, but a tad bit pricy and hard to find. The 8oz. bottle retails at Sephora for $35.

The second is Pantene Curly Anti-Frizz Straightening Creme. This product impressed me in a big way. My hair is shoulder length and very thirsty (especially in the summer), so it takes about 3 pumps of product to coat my hair. When I blow dry with a brush, my hair comes out nice and smooth - almost no flat irons necessary, unless I'm going for that stick straight look. My hair was also nice and shiny, which is unusual after a serious blow out. This gets a huge thumbs up from me. Economical and works, better than most of the high end serums and straighteners I've tried. Check this out at your local drugstore for around $6.00.

The last product I've tried recently is the Phytodefrisant. It's a relaxing balm, and I received a couple samples from Sephora. I've been using it when I style straight and it works about as well as the Pantene. I've not yet found a Phyto product that I didn't like, and this one stands up with all the rest. This line is pricey (5oz. for $35) and available at salons and Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails