Monday, August 9, 2010

Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express Mascara

So I got sucked into another drugstore mascara purchase. Largely because this got a few good reviews, and I want to give you as many inexpensive options as I can. While I love Diorshow, who can really afford $22-$24 for mascara on a regular basis?


Maybelline recently released "the Falsies" version of their Volum' Express mascara. Interestingly, it performs very much like the Colossal Volum' Express - though I like the brush better here. The formula is pretty wet, but doesn't seem to clump (yay!) so be careful when applying or you will have some smudging. The brush is what they are calling the "spoon" brush. It's just a bit curved, with the bristles inside the curve being a tad bit shorter than the bristles on the edges. It's great for getting up close to the lash line - but still seems to leave a bit of mascara on my lids. I'm sure I don't have the technique down yet.


As for how this looks when applied - I love the volume I can get with it, and it does do some lengthening. It's not super at lengthening though, so if you want super length you'll need a different mascara. The volume is great, and the color is great. I wouldn't recommend more than 2 coats though or you will start to look like Tammy Fae Baker (spider lashes! scary!). No smudges for about 7 hours, and if you have dry eyelids I would imagine this would be all day. My super oily lids smudge a bit after 7-8 hours.


Overall, this is a good mascara if you have normal to dry lids and are looking for volume and length. If you have oily lids - I'd stick with the Cover Girl LashBlast (orange tube). It appears to be widely available, and I purchased mine at Ulta.

3 comments:

  1. Great Review! I like this mascara! I have a review coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's pretty good - I like the effect, just wish I didn't get the smudgies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks I needed a review on this mascara and It really helped! Can yup check out my blog? shazzbomb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails