Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Clarisonic Mia

Well folks, I know it's been a long time since I last posted. Funds and various other life intrusions are the culprit. But I purchased a new device that I thought you all should know about.

 The Clarisonic Mia is a sonic facial brush, much like a sonic toothbrush. There are all kinds studies regarding this product, that I'm sure you can research on the Internet. I certainly did, and looked at them with a rather skeptical eye. I was more interested in user reviews. So that is what I read about. In summary - this product along with a really great cleanser (the one included gets a pretty high rating on Beautypedia.com) will clean your skin better than a washcloth.

So I just had to give a try. I purchased the brush from the SkinStore 2 weeks ago. I've been using it every day since. My skin feels smooth and clean when I finish using it, not dry or sticky as if there is still cleanser on my face. I can tell that I don't have nearly as many clogged pores around my nose (which is usually a cesspool of oil and makeup). My broken capillaries have not flared up or shrank in any way.

I read all kinds of reviews, many of them flattering and many concerns with it aggravating rosacea. I also talked with the Nordstom supplier who happened to be there the day I was researching and she mentioned she has very stubborn rosacea and started using the product 6 months ago. She had no discernible redness and mentioned that it has actually helped her. She did say to use the sensitive skin brush, which is what comes with the Red Mia.

Overall I've been impressed. My skin is very clean when I finish my scrubbing. Note: the product has a 1 minute timer so no over scrubbing for me! My face is noticeably smoother in that the forehead flakiness is gone and the chin pore clogs are almost non-existent. I have not changed anything else in my routine, and am still using a retinol in the evening and a salicylic acid gel during the day. I'm not using the same washcloth every day and cleaning the brush twice a week - so I think it's a keeper.

Anyone else using this product? Love it? Hate it?

1 comment:

  1. I purchased the brush from the 2 weeks ago. I've been using it every day since. My skin feels smooth and clean when I finish using it, not dry or sticky as if there is still cleanser on my face.
    RevitaDerm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DHC

Clear up blemishes with Acne Clear Solution’s specially formulated salicylic acid products

Ouidad

Iron Clothes Not Curls

AHAVA

AHAVA's NEW Mineral Botanic Body Wash and Lotion Duos
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails